At Kilmartin Educational Services, your privacy is of extreme importance to us and we are transparent about the data we collect, use and share about you and/or your children attending our colleges in Limerick and Ennis.
This privacy notice, inclusive of our terms and conditions, explains the following items listed below. This policy is subject to change, so please check our website regularly for further changes and to keep up-to-date.
- Who are we?
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use the information collected?
- How do we share the information collected?
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- Use of CCTV cameras in our building
- Other important privacy information
- Terms & Conditions
Who are we?
Kilmartin Educational Services is a Munster based Educational Establishment with colleges both in Limerick and Ennis.
What information do we collect?
- We receive information from you when you call us to enquire or to make booking from us over the phone.
- We receive information from you when you complete forms on our website (e.g enquiry forms, payment forms etc.)
- We receive information from you when you send us an email.
- We receive information from students when they complete a personal detail sheet when they join a grind.
- We receive information from students when they complete a survey at the end of a Revision Course.
- We receive information from parent/students when they sign up to our online booking platform.
- We receive information from you when you take part in our competitions.
- We also collect data from you when you inform us of any matters (illnesses, learning difficulties etc.)
- Your personal data may be automatically collected when you use our services, including but not limited to your IP address, device specific information, server logs, device event information, location information and unique application information. We do NOT collect payment information via the phone and we do not take card over the counter.
We do NOT collect payment information via the phone and we do not take card over the counter.
**Please note that your phone calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.**
What type of data do we collect from you?
We collect your personal data which includes:
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Home Address
- Students name
- Learning difficulties if given to us by parent/guardian.
The above information is given to us over the phone, verbally or online by a parent or a student.
If you process a payment online please note that we do not collect this information, this is processed by Realex.
We may also keep details of your visits to our site, logins to our platform such as traffic data, location data, weblogs, IP logs and communication data. We keep records of your support queries sent into us and correspondence for these matters.
How do we use your data?
We use the information provided by to you to carry out the following.
- Provide you with our services.
- Process bookings that you have made via phone, verbally or online.
- To help us identify you, the student and your account within our business.
- To notify you about updates or changes to our services.
- To contact parents if a child becomes ill while in our building.
- To contact parent/guardian if a child does not return to our courses unless placed on Flexi or excused by a parent/guardian.
- To contact a parent/guardian if a class is cancelled/rescheduled.
- To contact a parent/guardian if a child accidentally turns up for a cancelled class.
- To contact a parent/guardian if a childs behavior is unacceptable.
- To contact a parent/guardian about any upcoming courses/offers that we may have.
- To contact a parent/guardian to send reminders messages regarding bookings made.
Please note that when you sign up to our weekly grind that we send the teacher the students name, a parent/guardians name and a contact number for the following reasons:
- To allow the teacher know who is in their class.
- To allow the teacher inform the parent/guardian the start date/time of the grind.
- To allow the teacher inform the parent/guardian of any cancellation/rescheduling of the grind.
- To allow the teacher inform the parent/guardian if the student is absent from class. This is due to the students safety. We report all absent students from grinds to ensure that the guardian is aware that the child is not in for their due grind.
- To allow the teacher email/text progress reports to the parent/guardian.
The parent/guardian is also given the teachers contact number for the following reasons:
- To inform the teacher that the child is joining
- To inform the teacher if the child will be absent.
- To enquire with the teacher what materials will be needed for the grind.
We will keep a record of your personal data as long as you are a customer of Kilmartin Educational Services Ltd. We shall retain your data only for as long as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
On the cancellation of your account or services with Kilmatin Educational Services Ltd, depending on your service agreement and terms you signed up to, we will inform of your cancellation and the term we will keep your data or when it will be removed which in most cases is within 30 days.
Who has access to your Personal Data?
We do not share your personal data with third parties unless you are made aware of the requirement. Some services that you are signing up for with us may require your details to complete that service signup with a third party product/service.
Accessing and Updating your Data?
Your data must be kept up-to-date at all times. You must ensure that your details including but not limited to your name, address, phone, email are kept up to date at all times. You can update your personal information by notifying us by email to email@example.com
You have the right to access information we hold about you . Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can obtain this information for you.
Use of CCTV Cameras in our building
Please note that Kilmartin Educational Services Ltd. make use of CCTV camera throughout their buildings in Ennis and Limerick. This is to ensure the safety of our staff, teachers and students.
The CCTV cameras are placed in the
- Corridors of our building
- In classrooms
- Outside our building
We use the CCTV cameras in the following ways:
- If an incident arises throughout the building, the college Principal will review the cameras.
- The Gardaí Siochana may request to view our CCTV footage and are permitted to take clips of the footage.
- We use the CCTV cameras to supervise certain study periods as required.
- CCTV is constantly monitored by staff in the office.
- Our key personnel have access to the CCTV camera footage on their personal devices.