Preparation for Secondary School
Kilmartin Educational Services are delighted to announce that they have teamed up with a group of amazing teachers to offer courses for 6th class students who are transitioning into 1st year in secondary school. As you are aware, the transition into secondary school can often be daunting, especially during this time, where they may have missed out on so much quality live teaching.
- Course 1 will run online on the 28th, 29th, 30th of July
- Course 2 will run on the 11th, 12th and 13th of August.
These online courses will also allow students to become familiar with the online teaching aspect of secondary school and introduce them to the aspects of reading a timetable and a change of teacher per subject, which will help students develop their own degree of independence in preparation for Secondary School.
The following is the daily timetable:
- 10.00-11.00am - Maths - Course Content available here.
- 11.15-12.15pm - Science - Course Content available here.
- 12.30-1.30pm - French - Course Content available here.
- 2.00-3.00pm - Irish - Course Content available here.
- 3.15-4.15pm - English - Course Content available here.
Students do not have to book all subjects.
Each subject is €60 or €300 for all subjects within a course. Students can pick from one subject, a combination of subjects or book the complete course (consisting of 5 subjects). Course content will be available in the coming days. Course 1 and Course 2 will cover different topics. You do not need to attend both, but it will be an advantage and beneficial to the students. In line with Government guidance, we will hope to run these courses onsite in our Limerick College, otherwise they will be run online as advertised.
To book, contact the office on 061-444989.